- Central Vermont Humane Society— our local shelter in East Montpelier, not only a great place to get a pet, but a great place to take a puppy training class, to volunteer, or just to stop by.
- Burlington Emergency and Veterinary Specialists (BEVS)— 24-7 emergency pet care and daytime services by board-certified specialists in surgery and internal medicine.
- Onion River Animal Hospital— an excellent full-service local clinic that sees urgent care appointments during normal business hours, performs anesthetized procedures such as surgery and dentistry, and offers in-house diagnostics including bloodwork, x-rays, and urine testing.
- Peak Veterinary Referral Center— board-certified specialists in internal medicine, surgery, radiology, opthalmology, oncology, dermatology, behavior, and cardiology.
- Pawsitive Pantry— a food pantry for pets in need in Central Vermont.
- VT-CAN— a low-cost spay and neuter clinic in Middlesex, VT.
- VSNIP— the Vermont Spay/Neuter Incentive Program helps low-income Vermonters spay and neuter their pets.
- VVMA— the home page of the Vermont Veterinary Medical Association.
- VeterinaryPartner.com— a great site, written by vets, with lots of excellent information about all kinds of pet health and behavior topics.
- ASPCA Pet Care— a large library of articles featuring clear advice about specific dog or cat problems and training techniques, as well as health and lifestyle topics.
- FelineDiabetes.com— exhaustive site with everything you could ever want to know about feline diabetes, straight from people on the front lines (owners of diabetic cats).
- CanineDiabetes.org— a similar site by and for owners of diabetic dogs.
- AVDC— the American Veterinary Dental College has lots of great information about dental care for pets.
- AVMA— the website of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
Please email me with your suggestions for new links at email@example.com.