I’m accepting new patients only for geriatric/end-of-life care and/or acupuncture.
My regular business hours are 9 AM to 3 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and occasional Saturdays. Same-day service may be available for urgent needs; depending on scheduling, there may be an additional fee.
I will respond to your call or email on the next business day, or sooner if possible.
If you can’t wait for my response, or if you need urgent care during normal business hours or on Saturday mornings, please call Onion River Animal Hospital at 223-7765. After hours, please contact Burlington Emergency and Veterinary Specialists (BEVS) at 802-863-2387. BEVS offers emergency care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When we schedule your appointment, I will give you a one-hour window for my arrival, during which I may arrive at any time. Please let me know when you schedule your appointment if you have any time constraints. Feel free to ask me to call or text you when I am on the way, if that will be helpful.
If you need to cancel or change your appointment, please give 24 hours advance notice. If you are not home when I arrive for your appointment, I will wait as long as I can for you (typically 15 minutes or so). Missed appointments like this will be charged at the full appointment and housecall fee rate.
- The housecall fee is $60 for a call within about 35 minutes of my home base near Montpelier. This includes Montpelier, Barre, Berlin, Northfield, Graniteville, Williamstown, Plainfield, Middlesex, East Montpelier, Calais, Worcester, Waterbury, Duxbury, and Moretown. This covers travel to your site.
- All services, except euthanasia, are $120 per hour. The minimum charge is 1/2 hour of service time ($60) plus the housecall fee ($60), for a total of $120.
- The initial consultation and exam for one pet will take about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on age and health issues; for two pets we’ll usually need about 1-1.5 hours. Followup appointments typically take 30-45 minutes, depending on the situation.
- Vaccinations and medications are charged separately. Vaccinations (rabies, canine and feline distemper, feline leukemia, Lyme, leptospirosis, canine influenza and kennel cough) cost $21-38 each. Most are around $24-27.
- Home euthanasia starts at $200 including the housecall fee, exam/consultation, supplies, and euthanasia procedure. The cost is a flat fee based on your pet’s size and your location. I don’t charge by the hour because I want you to feel free to take all the time you need. Cremation with transportation, including the return of your pet’s ashes if you wish, is available for an additional fee.
Payment with cash or check is expected at the time of your appointment unless we’ve made other arrangements. I also take payment with MasterCard or Visa (including debit cards). For cards I add a fee of 3%, because that’s what the processing company charges me.